UNIVERGE BX800 Session Border Controller
Secure communications for your business
The NEC UNIVERGE BX800 Enterprise Session Border Controller (E-SBC) offers a complete connectivity solution for small-to-medium sized enterprises. The BX800 connects IP-PBXs to SIP trunk service providers, scaling up to 300 concurrent sessions. It offers superior performance and security in connecting SIP to SIP environment in a 19” 1RU platform.
The BX800 allows your employees to securely connect to your IP PBX platform from virtually anywhere using their smartphones, softphones or desk phones.
Advanced mediation and proven interoperability
The BX800 supports a wide range of voice encoders and is capable of transcoding between narrowband and wideband audio, providing SIP normalisation, fax handling, gain control and numerous additional media processing features.
It offers certified interoperability with leading unified communications solutions and SIP trunk providers.
The BX800 provides robust protection for the IP communications infrastructure, preventing Denial of Service (DoS), fraud and service theft guarding your organisation against cyber-attacks and other service-impacting events.
The BX800 offers active / standby high availability and maintains voice quality to deliver reliable enterprise VoIP communications. Advanced call routing mechanisms, network voice quality monitoring and branch survivability capabilities result in minimum communications downtime.
Work from anywhere - securely
- Fully integrated device for secured SIP trunk access
- Extensive interoperability and partnerships that extend across multiple vendor devices and protocol implementations
- Offers comprehensive security, interoperability and reliability
- Delivers high service performance and voice quality
- Branch office survivability in the event of a WAN outage
- Rich and powerful SIP normalisation and routing mechanisms for seamless interoperability
- Perimeter defence against denial of service, fraud and eavesdropping
- VoIP quality monitoring and enforcement
- High Availability using two box redundancy
- Media Processing for transcoding, gain control, DTMF / Fax
- SIP trunks
- Hosted PBX & UC as a Service
- Remote and mobile worker support
- SIP mediation between UC and IP-PBX systems