NEC unveils new value-driven portable projector range with updated inputs and enhanced features
Date: 11 Jan 2011
NEC Australia, a leading provider of commercial LCD displays, multimedia projectors and innovative digital signage solutions, today announced its new M Series projectors, including the M230XG, M260XG, M300XG, M300WG and the M350XG. These models were developed to address the needs of schools and offices on a tight budget that require a bright, wired network projector with remote monitoring and control capabilities.
Designed to keep audiences engaged during presentations, the NEC M Series are value-driven, eco-friendly portable projectors ideal for education and small-to-medium-sized business environments. These models deliver remarkably bright images and feature wired and wireless (optional) networking, HDMI and USB inputs, high contrast (2000:1) and up to 6000 hours of lamp life (in ECO ModeTM). The M Series was created with the environment in mind and includes a carbon savings metre, energy-saving features such as Power Save (<1-watt in standby mode), quick start-up and direct power off. Additionally, the projectors offer extended lamp and filter life, benefiting classrooms and boardrooms alike.
"The M230XG, M260XG, M300XG, M300WG and M350XG kick off this M Series update with a new chassis, a multitude of advanced technologies and broad connectivity," said Steven Macdonald, National Sales Manager for NEC Australia’s Display Solutions division. "The total cost of ownership of these projectors is a huge benefit to our customers when you take lamp changes into consideration. The maintenance-free design enables users to change their filter and lamp simultaneously after 6000 hours of use, which is a huge asset to any facility."
The M Series include the following features:
- XGA native resolution (M230XG, M260XG, M300XG and M350XG) and WXGA native resolution (M300WG)
- Brightness up to 3500 lumens
- Lamp life up to 6000 hours when operated in ECO Mode
- 6000-hour filter life provides a virtually maintenance-free projector and lowers the total cost of ownership
- New cabinet design
- Ample input connectivity, including HDMI and USB
- 10-watt speaker
- Variable audio-out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume with the projector's remote control
- RS-232 with less than 1 watt consumption in standby mode
- DICOM Simulation enables users in medical environments to display accurate diagnostic images
- Image Express Lite enables the wireless transmission of an image to the projector without the need for external components
- Wireless LAN Connection IEEE801.11n (optional)
- Auto vertical keystone correction instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen
- USB Viewer allows users to present in seconds by using a flash drive to project jpeg images without a computer source
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Active lens cover enables presenters to immediately mute the audio and video, then seconds later lower the lamp brightness to 25% for a short period of time
- Closed captioning enables decoding and display of text information from a video source
- ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Carbon savings metre calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at start-up.
Pricing and Availability
The M300WG and M350XG are available mid December 2010 while the M230XG, M260XG, and M300XG available mid January 2011, through authorised resellers of NEC display products and solutions and carry RRP’s as follows:
- M230XG = $880 (inc GST)
- M260XG = $967 (inc GST)
- M300XG = $1,343 (inc GST)
- M300WG = $1,949 (inc GST)
- M350XG = $1,823 (inc GST)
These models ship with a five year parts and labour warranty.
For media enquiries, interviews and photography please contact:
NEC Australia Pty Ltd
dl: +612 9930 2333
m: +61 409 362 029
Visit www.nec.com.au/news for more information and follow NEC Displays on Twitter –@necdisplaysau.