NEC Enhances Ultra-Narrow LCD Display with New Improved Features
Date: 19 Nov 2010
Category: LCD solutions
NEC Australia, a leading provider of commercial LCD displays, multimedia projectors and innovative digital signage solutions, announced today the X462UN, a 46-inch ultra-narrow LCD display designed for video wall configurations in professional digital signage environments, including lobbies, public venues, retail stores, transportation facilities and broadcasting.
The new X462UN offers several improvements from the globally successful X461UN, which NEC released worldwide in early 2009. The diverse input panel, including a new DisplayPort connection, allows full connectivity and maximum flexibility during product implementation.
The X462UN also premieres EdgeComp technology, which improves brightness uniformity for a steadier image across the entire video wall. This correction feature works by decreasing the brightness from the centre of the display while maintaining the level of brightness around the left and right edges.
There are three brightness settings for the centre of the screen, as well as three types of brightness curves for even more control over the total image. The X462UN also comes free with Display Wall Calibrator Kit (RRP $799) for purchases of two panels or more, ensuring that the colour, contrast and brightness of all of the panels across a wall are always uniform. The X462UN meets the standards of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) which controls the display through the LAN. Users who use this protocol will experience easier LAN control on the X462UN.
The X462UN maintains its predecessor's ultra-narrow bezel of just 2.7mm, which allows for a 7.3mm distance between content (6.7mm bezel width) of two neighbouring X462UN displays. The X462UN can be deployed in matrices of up to 10x10 (using it’s onboard processing) giving a spectacular 60m2 video wall. The barely discernable transition gap between displays ensures a homogenous picture across the matrix.
"Our enhanced X462UN exemplifies NEC's continued commitment to developing features that advance the digital signage industry, such as our new EdgeComp technology," said Steven Macdonald, National Sales Manager for NEC Australia’s Display Solutions division. "In addition to the new features in this display, we've included the most popular and beneficial features that our customers request. The X461UN was a huge product for us throughout the past year and a half, and we're excited by customer reaction to this next generation product."
The X462UN ultra-narrow display includes:
- Professional-grade LCD panel, advanced thermal protection and sealed panel design for the most formidable digital signage industry requirements
- 1366 x 768 native resolution
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
- 500 cd/m² typical brightness, 700 cd/m² maximum brightness
- 200W power consumption (less than 2W in standby mode)
- Landscape and portrait orientations
- EdgeComp technology ensures a consistent image across the entire video wall
- SNMP support
- Full connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D digital inputs and Ethernet with automated email notifications for diagnostic purposes
- Built-in expansion slot allows for seamless integration of NEC and third-party components
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including TileMatrixTM (up to 10x10), TileCompTM, copy function, and individual or group ID functions
- Real-time clock allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- RS-232 enables multi-display control and daisy chain capabilities
- Network Control and Communication allows the highest level of remote display management
- Built-in closed captioning enables the decoding and display of text information from a video source
- Windows Vista PremiumTM certified
- ENERGY STAR 5.0
- Optional accessories and products for the X462UN include the Display Wall Calibrator Colour Calibration Kit, stand, wall mount, and our sophisticated and innovative expansion slot options: single board computers, external and internal media players, IPTV tuner, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card.
Pricing and availability
The MultiSync X462UN is available mid November 2010, through authorised resellers of NEC display products and solutions and carries an RRP of $7,194 (inc GST). It ships with a three year parts and labour warranty, including the backlight.
For media enquiries, interviews and photography please contact:
NEC Australia Pty Ltd
dl: +612 9930 2333
m: +61 409 362 029
Visit www.nec.com.au/news for more information and follow NEC Displays on Twitter –@necdisplaysau.