NEC Display Solutions Advances its Multimedia Projector Lineup with Ultra Short-throw Models
Date: 2 Dec 2010
NEC Australia, a leading provider of commercial LCD displays, multimedia projectors and innovative digital signage solutions, today announced its new ultra short throw series with the 3100 lumen U310WG, 2600 lumen U260WG and the 2500 lumen U250XG. The complete elimination of shadows and glare typically found with standard projection systems is accomplished by mounting these ultra short throw projectors to the wall above the screen, making them ideal for education environments using interactive or standard whiteboards.
In addition to the ultra-short throw distance, the reflection method, with a resulting distance of less than 25cm to the cabinet, makes the usage of the models extremely space-saving and improves the stability of the whole whiteboard installation. The integrated desktop mode means the projectors can also be used on a table, sideboard or a mobile trolley.
The 3D-ready U Series are built with powerful DLP® and DLP Link technologies from Texas Instruments, making customers’ future-proof for next generation projection. For corporate customers that lack the space required for a standard projector, these projectors offer a compelling alternative. They offer XGA and WXGA resolutions, respectively, and brightness up to 3100 lumens. Their connectivity includes HDMI and dual computer inputs, as well as variable audio out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume through the projector's remote control.
"NEC is proud to debut this advanced technology to our customers in the education and corporate markets," said Steven Macdonald, National Sales Manager NEC Australia’s Display Solutions division. "The ability to easily integrate these models into classrooms and simplify the presenting process is our ultimate goal.”
The U Series models make use of a variety of eco-friendly features that lengthen the life of the projector, saving money and energy in the process. ECO ModeTM technology extends lamp life up to 4000 hours while lowering power consumption. Power management controls contribute to energy savings by automatically turning the unit off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs, while quick start (20 seconds) and shutdown allow for immediate use and power off functionality without the need for a cooling period.
The U310WG, U260WG and U250XG projectors include the following features:
- Throw ratio of 0.13 - 0.314m (U250XG) and 0.148 - 0.311m (U310WG and U260WG)
- Brightness of 3100 lumens (U310WG), 2600 lumens (U260WG) and 2500 lumens (U250XG)
- Contrast ratio of 2000:1
- Lamp life up to 4000 hours (in ECO Mode)
- 3D capability increases interactivity between presenters and audience
- HDMI connectivity and dual computer inputs, which ensure quick switching between presentations
- Variable audio out connects the projector to an external speaker and controls the volume with the projector's remote control
- Integrated RJ45 connection provides for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability)
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) controls the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Remote diagnostics enable the user to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely
- Closed captioning enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
- Automatic vertical keystone correction allows the projector to be tilted up or down and still produce a square image without the need to make manual image adjustments
- Auto Power On eliminates the need for a remote control by automatically turning the projector on when AC power is supplied
- Quick start lets you begin presenting in about 20 seconds, while quick shutdown allows immediate power off with no cooling required
- Powerful 10-watt speaker fills the volume requirements for most classrooms and conference rooms
- Optional wall mount kit available or as a bundled solution with the projector, providing flexibility during integration and allows for wall mounting directly above the screen (NP-U310WG-WMB, NP-U260WG-WMB, NP-U250XG-WMB).
Pricing and availability
The U250XG and U260WG will be available end November 2010, while the U310WG will be available in January 2011, through authorised resellers of NEC display products and solutions and carry RRP’s of $2,136, $2,208 and 3,103 (inc GST) respectively. They ship with a five year parts and labour warranty.
For media enquiries, interviews and photography please contact:
NEC Australia Pty Ltd
dl: +612 9930 2333
m: +61 409 362 029
Visit www.nec.com.au/news for more information and follow NEC Displays on Twitter –@necdisplaysau.