Highly anticipated NEC Multisync PA301W-BK makes its debut
Date: 31 Aug 2011
Category: LCD solutions
NEC Australia today announced the introduction of the 30-inch MultiSync PA301W-BK display, introducing the ultimate LCD display for graphics and photography applications, paramount for graphics professionals.
Ideal for colour-critical applications such as photography, retouching, video editing and CAD/CAM, the MultiSync PA301W-BK models offer a robust design with a fully ergonomic stand for added comfort during use. These high-resolution displays feature an impressive 2560x1600 resolution and 10-bit wide colour gamut LCD panel that provides the accurate, vibrant colours that professionals require.
The MultiSync PA301W-BK showcases the time-saving features common to the MultiSync PA Series displays, including the ability to load ICC profiles to emulate custom colour spaces, as well as offering factory-calibrated digital uniformity correction and five customisable Picture Mode presets. One of the more unique features of the MultiSync PA Series is the ability to utilise two computers simultaneously through DisplaySync Pro™ and the integrated USB hub, which functions as a KVM device.
Adding to this outstanding feature list, the MultiSync PA301W-BK offers standalone hardware calibration, for simple display calibration without an attached computer. “The MultiSync PA301W-BK delivers advanced connectivity and colour performance in demand by photographers and graphic users,” said Daniel Hancox, National Sales Manager for NEC’s Display Solutions division. “This flagship display, with its high 4-megapixel resolution, four digital inputs and factory-calibrated colour and uniformity, is the new standard for professional graphics.”
Complimentary MultiProfiler™ software, exclusive to the MultiSync PA Series, provides easy-to-use control over several features via mouse, including Picture Mode preset, Picture in Picture (PIP) and Picture by Picture (PBP) window configuration. MultiProfiler also allows users to manage the monitor’s USB hub and map the various monitor inputs. The loading of ICC profiles by MultiProfiler helps MultiSync PA301W-BK users easily create or adjust colour modes. MultiProfiler is compatible with Apple Mac OS 10.3.9 or higher and Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7.
The MultiSync PA301W-BK and PA301W-SV include the following features:
- 2560x1600 resolution
- 10-bit active matrix p-IPS panel
- 98.2% coverage of Adobe RGB
- Brightness of 350 cd/m² in landscape (250cd/m² in portrait)
- Contrast ratio of 1000:1
- Internal 14-bit programmable 3D lookup table (LUT)
- Dual DisplayPort and dual DVI-D input connectors
- Built-in USB hub (2 up, 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro to control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture capabilities, which allow two video signals to be viewed simultaneously in a secondary window configuration
- ICC Profile Emulation
- Colour Vision Emulation, which allows a real-time preview of Type P/D/T colour vision deficiencies in support of Colour Universal Design
- DICOM compatibility for medical review and referral applications
- XtraView+™, which provides the widest viewing angles (up to 178°) with minimal off-angle colour shift
- 4-way ergonomic stand (150mm height-adjust with locking base, tilt, swivel and pivot) with quick-release capability
- AmbiBright™ ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the displays’ brightness based on external lighting conditions
- SpectraViewII Colour Calibration Solution, which includes software and colorimeter to provide automated monitor matching and calibration for accurate, consistent and repeatable colour performance (included with PA301W-BK-BK-SV)
- Optional accessories include a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (PA-MDP-CABL) for connecting devices using Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt technology, display hood (90HD30), SpectraViewII software (SVII-SOFT), colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR) and complete SpectraViewII Colour Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT)
Pricing and availability
The MultiSync PA301W-BK ships with a 3-year limited parts and labour warranty and are available now, for a recommended retail price of $3,293 (inc GST). For more information see www.nec.com.au
For media enquiries please contact:
Public Relations Manager
T: 02 9930 2464
M: 0417 805 441